This painting was exhibited at The Laing Art Gallery, Newcastle Upon Tyne in a joint exhibition the artist had with fellow Northumbrian artists John Falconar Slater, Thomas Bowman Garvie and Frank Thomas Carter. This information was confirmed by the Gallery in March1997. The owner of the painting at that time was a Mr John Slade who resided at the time in Victoria Street, Westminster, London SW1.
The painting was also exhibited at the Royal Academy, London, in 1930.
Various notations in the artist's hand verso together with James Bourlet and Tynedale Fine Art labels. Also in the artist's hand, his name and address of 95 Jermyn Street, London SW1 and the inscription; 'For the Laing Art Gallery, Newcastle Upon Tyne' A superb example of his work. Framed.